Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Revolutions



Assuming that you adhere to the Gregorian calendar, I wish you and yours a Happy New Year. Traditionally, now is the time that we set goals and make resolutions. I like to make what I call "bike goals"--goals designed to encourage revolutions. One year, I decided to participate in the Wisconsin Off Road Series (WORS) and managed to get to 11 out of the 12 events. Another year was "Century Year" and I was transported many hundreds of miles with the help of a three speed, a single gear, and a fixed geared folding Dahon. There also was the duathlon period that included time trials and miles of running (oh, the humanity!) One year, a friend took me up on sharing a goal of racing cyclo cross--he is now one of the state's top riders. My practice of commuting via bike/train is the result of similar goal-setting. This year, I've decided to dive into Brevet riding--consider it the ultra marathon of cycling.


In 2007 at Kiddles we had a fantastic year sharing the "Three F's of Cycling" with you: Fun, Fitness, and Function. The joy on a nine year old's face as she mastered the gears of her new bike while riding on the "test track" behind Kiddles. The determination and passion of a customer that brought himself back to incredible fitness after a crash that broke many of his ribs. The bubbling enthusiasm of a customer riding his Dahon folding bike away from the Lake Bluff train station while wearing a suit, tie, and over coat and carrying his laptop and a thermos of coffee.
I hope to at least double our Dahon sales this year, continue our commitment to making your bike functional with racks and bags, and will reveal a surprisingly cool new product in time for spring riding. Have goals?

No comments: